Research Manager – Full-Time Position
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Research Manager is responsible for supporting and managing the progress of a broad range of projects related to evidence synthesis in the field of health science. Some of these responsibilities include involvement in resourcing, planning, and conducting research-oriented literature searches and reviews, synthesizing information into a clear written format, writing and reviewing technical reports or manuscripts for journal submission. The research manager must also be active in leading and training other researchers in this area and be responsible for submitting high-quality deliverables under tight schedules and timelines.
- Leading projects and internal teams, demonstrating preparedness, leadership, and excellent communication with team members.
- Leading client meetings and communicating with clients in a professional manner, both verbally and written.
- Training and onboarding researchers onto different projects.
- Preparing research project plans, proposals, and study protocols.
- Writing, editing, formatting, and reviewing technical reports and manuscripts.
- Planning and conducting comprehensive literature searches and study identification.
- Building MS PowerPoint presentations for summarizing data and information.
- Establishing project plans, milestones, and deadlines.
- Coordinating the kick-off of new projects.
- Monitoring and reporting on project progress and timelines, as well as mitigating risks to these elements.
- Managing changes to the project with regards to scope, timeline and costs.
- Developing and improving project management processes and SOPs.
- Coordinating with Business Development, Analytics and Development, Operations, Finance, and Human Resources as needed.
- Closing completed projects and preparing value summaries.
- At least 3 years of research experience within an industry setting (HEOR).
- At least 2 years of work experience in HEOR related to conducting systematic literature reviews, meta-analysis, network meta-analysis/indirect-treatment comparison.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree in a field such as health sciences or a related field.
- At least 1 year of experience in a leadership role.
- Strong knowledge and experience in conducting systematic literature reviews.
- Very keen eye for detail.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Strong experience with medical library database advanced searching methods.
- Extensive experience in MS Office.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, and an ability to work both independently and in coordination with a multidisciplinary team.
- Located in the Greater Vancouver area.
If you believe you fit the criteria listed above, we encourage you to apply via Indeed with your CV and cover letter. Please provide your salary expectations in your cover letter. Please submit your application on Indeed.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.